CU Direct Corporation
Our commitment to online privacy
Visitor information collected and how it is used
Visitors using the CUDL AutoSMART Program may voluntarily register their personal information on our system (we only collect: first name, last name, address, city, state, zip code, contact phone number, credit union affiliation, email address, password used on the CUDL AutoSMART system (“Personal Information”)) Any Personal Information you submit to the CUDL AutoSMART Program will only be used with your permission when submitting a request to a CUDL dealer on your behalf.
Visitors are asked upon completion of their new vehicle or inventory search if they would like to submit their search information (visitor’s profile ID (primary key of visitor record), name of the configured vehicle as year, make, model (example: “1999 Cadillac Deville”), JATO Style ID for currently configured vehicle, date/time record was saved) to dealers to request pricing and availability information. Submitting your search information is a voluntary process and not a requirement to use this service.
Information collected for price quotes includes name, address, phone numbers, email addresses and specific vehicle information. When submitting a quote request on our CUDL AutoSMART website, you will have the opportunity to specify what information you would like to receive back from a dealer and the best form of responding to your request.
All CUDL dealers and CUDL AutoSMART dealers are contracted with CU Direct Corporation on the CUDL program to utilize visitor information only for the purpose of contacting the visitor with pricing and availability of vehicles in response to a specific request, and will not add visitors to marketing or mailing lists.
Sharing personal information with member’s credit union
CU Direct Corporation has agreed to share Personal Information with credit unions regarding the vehicle requests that pertain to each particular credit union’s members so they may verify and communicate to their members about their requests. CU Direct does not share this Personal Information with any other third party.
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use the CUDL AutoSMART Program unsupervised. We do not knowingly collect information from children nor do we target our website to children. We strongly advise that they do not submit any non-public personal information about yourself or your children to dealers on our program. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use the CUDL AutoSMART Program site in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
The CUDL AutoSMART website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. The personal information we collect from our visitors is submitted to us in a secure encrypted format and is stored on secured servers.
CU Direct may disclose any visitor information in the limited circumstance where we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is necessary or required in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, regulations or orders, or (ii) bring legal or other action against someone who may violate any of our user agreements or who may be causing or threatening to cause injury to our property or the rights of others.
Linking to third party websites
The CUDLAUTOSMART.COM website contains links to other third party sites, not maintained by us. Please be aware that CU Direct is not responsible for the privacy policies and information collection practices of these sites.
Mobile specific information we collect
- We collect information on device-level events, such as crashes
- We collect information, such as your device and hardware IDs and device type, the request type, your carrier, your carrier user ID, the content of your request, and basic usage stats about your device. Use of CU Direct Corporation's products and services does not by itself identify you to CU Direct Corporation, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you consider personal.
- Information, including Personal Information, may be stored locally on the device using mechanisms such as browser web storage. Please consult your device or client documentation on how to manage such local storage.
- If you use location-enabled products and services, such as Maps for mobile, you may be sending us location information. This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when you submit a partial address to look at a map of the area.
- We use your personal, search and price quote information to process and personalize your requests. We also use this same information for support, to develop new features, and to improve the overall quality of CU Direct Corporation's products and services.
- We may also use the search and price quote information to show you a history of your activity, to provide you with statistics about you or your use of our product or service, or to provide you with a better user experience.
- If you purchase something through CU Direct Corporation's products and services, we may also use your Personal Information to bill you and to handle billing disputes.
Personal information sharing and onward transfer
- All requests must be sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. For information regarding your carrier's treatment of your information, please consult your carrier's privacy policies.
- Certain of our products and services allow you to interact and share your Personal Information with others. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal information or data that might be accessible to others.
Contacting us regarding privacy issues
If you have questions regarding privacy, security, or you need help to understand how your information is being used, please contact us at:
CU Direct Corporation
2855 E. Guasti Rd, Suite 500
Ontario, CA 91761
Changes to this Policy
Effective Date – October 1, 2011